- (of a door, window, or the like) Open: ajar, standing open, not closed; unlocked, closed but not locked.
- הדלת פתוחה. ― hadélet p'tukhá. ― The door is open.
- נכנסים דרך החלונות הפתוחים. ― nikhnasím dérekh hakhalonót hap'tukhím. ― They get in through the open windows.
- (of a room, building, vehicle, or the like) Open: having an open or unlocked door.
- (of a restaurant, store, or other business) Open: open for business.
- (of a box, drawer, can, or other container, such as a package of food) Open: currently being open, or having been opened (unsealed).
- (computing) (of an application, window, dialog-box, or the like) Open: running; especially, currently displayed on the screen.
- (figuratively) Open (in various senses).
- נשארות כמה שאלות פתוחות. ― nish'arót káma she'elót p'tukhót. ― There remain some open questions.
פִּתּוּחַ • (pitúakh) m
- defective spelling of .