- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈkeɪ.di.n̩/
- (US) IPA(key): /əˈkeɪ.di.n̩/, /əˈkeɪ.dʒn̩/
- Rhymes: -eɪdiən
- Of or pertaining to Acadia, its people, or their language or culture. [First attested in the early 19th century.]
- (geology) Of or pertaining to the Acadian epoch.
of or pertaining to Acadia
of or pertaining to the Acadian epoch
- A native of Acadia or their descendants who moved to Louisiana; a Cajun. [First attested in the early 18th century.]
- (Canada) A French speaking descendant of the early settlers in the Maritime Provinces.
- (rare) Acadian French: the form of French spoken in Acadia.
- In many places, Acadian has been supplanted by English and by Standard French.
- (geology) The Middle Cambrian epoch, lasting from 497 million years ago to 509 million years ago.
- The Burgess Shale contains fossils of very odd organisms that lived during the Acadian.