- Indicates emphasis.
- (comics) Used repeatedly in some comics, indicating words that are important to the story or perhaps some increase in tone.
- 1994 September 1, Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, volume 63 (in English), Vertigo, page 1:
- Larissa: See this? It's a hundred dollar bill. I'm giving you half of it. If you're still here when I get back, I shall give you the other half.
- Taxi driver: Okay, lady. I shall be here, unless there be guns. If there be guns, I will be gone.
- Used in some titles of book chapters, volumes, etc.
|Entry-like pages (edit)|
|Typography||Capital letter · Superscript · Subscript|
Italics · Boldface · Underline · Strikethrough