- A game similar to American football played on a field of 110 yards long and 65 yards wide (with two 20 yard-long endzones) in which two teams of 12 players attempt to get an ovoid ball to the end of each other's territory.
- Called football in Canada and Canadian football elsewhere in the world, even in the United States.
- football (Canadian English)
- football (all types of football)
- gridiron football (Canadian and American football; North American football)
- North American football (rare term for the above sport)
- rugby (from Canadian football originating as Canadian rugby)