See also: comforter
- (Christianity) The Holy Spirit, the Holy Ghost.
- 1832, John Hall, Expository discourses on the Gospels for every Sunday in the year, page 33:
- In these words, with which the Gospel for this day commences, He speaks of the Comforter, the Spirit of truth, and of the Father, and of Himself
- 1904, Arthur Crawshay Alliston Hall, Confirmation, page 43:
- That this high- priestly office belongs only to the bishops, either to seal or to transmit the Comforter Spirit, is proved not only by Church usage
- 2005, Ellen G White, The Desire of Ages, page 670:
- By the Spirit, He said, He would manifest Himself to them. "The Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you
- See Holy Spirit.