- A prophet, a disciple and successor of Elijah.
- A male given name of biblical origin, in quiet use since the 17th century.
- A female given name in occasional use, apparently confused with Elizabeth or Alicia.
- 1611, The Holy Bible, […] (King James Version), imprinted at London: By Robert Barker, […], OCLC 964384981, 2 Kings 2:14::
- And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.