LASER (plural LASERs)
- Acronym of light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation.
- 1963, Interior Department and Related Agencies Appropriations for 1964: Hearings Before a Subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations, United States Senate, Eighty-Eighth Congress, First Session, on H.R. 5279, Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, page 1307:
- The Engineering Experiment Station of the University of Idaho is cooperating in pioneer investigations of the possible use of LASERs in forest fire operation.
- laser (conversion of acronym into noun)
- optical MASER, optical maser