Usually from Czech Novák or Slovak Novák, but possibly also from Serbo-Croatian Nȍvāk, Slovene Novák, or Hungarian Novák.
Novak (plural Novaks)
- A surname.
- A male given name.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Novak is the 980th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 35,461 individuals. Novak is most common among White (95.6%) individuals.
Usually from Czech Novák or Slovak Novák, but possibly also from Serbo-Croatian Nȍvāk, Slovene Novák, or Hungarian Novák. The meaning newcomer, novice is equivalent to the native surname Neumann
Novak m or f (proper noun, surname, masculine genitive Novaks or (with an article) Novak, feminine genitive Novak, plural Novaks)
- a surname
Novak m anim (genitive singular Novaka, declension pattern of chlap)
- a surname
Declension of Novak
- Novak in Slovak dictionaries at slovnik.juls.savba.sk
- nov (“new”), for "newcomer to the village".
- novina (“new arable land”), as an occupational surname for people who used the slash-and-burn method to create new arable land. Compare Novinec.
Novák m anim
- a surname. By statistics, it's the most common surname in Slovenia
|Masculine anim., hard o-stem|