An abbreviation of oh my God, although sometimes glossed using minced oaths to avoid offense. In its first attestation, also intended as a punning reference to the Order of Saint Michael and Saint George.
- (chiefly Internet slang) Oh my God as an exclamation of excitement, surprise, shock etc.
- "OMG, I just won tickets to a concert! Today is the best day ever!"
- "...and then he said I was ugly, so I punched him in the face." — "OMG, really?"
- "...and then I found out my fish died." "OMG, I'm so sorry to hear that."
- (computing) Initialism of Object Management Group.
- See Wikisaurus:wow