- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɹoʊdə/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɹəʊdə/
- Rhymes: -əʊdə
- Hyphenation: Rho‧da
- A female given name.
- And as Peter knocked at the door of the gate, a damsel came to hearken, named Rhoda. And when she knew Peter's voice, she opened not the gate for gladness, but ran in, and told how Peter stood before the gate.
- 1970 Patrick White, The Vivisector, Viking Press, page 13:
- 'One little girl. Her name is Rhoda.'
- 'What? Roader?' The others all looked suspicious of a name nobody had ever heard.
- 'It's in the Bible,' he said.