- A small landlocked county in the East Midlands of England.
- An English habitational surname from the county in England.
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
- A city, the county seat of Rutland County, Vermont; named for English nobleman John Manners, 3rd Duke of Rutland.
- A town in Massachusetts.
- A town in New York.
- A town in Wisconsin.
- A village in Ohio.
- A village in Illinois; named for the city in Vermont.
- A city in North Dakota.
- A city in Iowa; named for the city in Vermont.
- A neighborhood of Kelowna, British Columbia; named for early settler John "Hope" Matthew Rutland.
- An unincorporated community in Indiana.
- An unincorporated community in Kentucky.
- An unincorporated community in South Dakota.
- A ghost town in Saskatchewan.