Return to "Christmas tree" page.
The following discussion has been moved from Wiktionary:Requests for verification.
This discussion is no longer live and is left here as an archive. Please do not modify this conversation, though feel free to discuss its conclusions.
- 2. A pole with lights, similar to a traffic signal, used for signalling the start of an automobile race.
- 3. The collection of valves sometimes found at the top of a working oil well.
- MWOnline, for one, has the oil-well sense. See this glossary (available through OneLook) for the auto racing sense. Technical terms that have been added here are not commonly hard to cite. DCDuring TALK 12:19, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- See  for the racing sense, this is easily citable. Why don't you search yourself before listing here? SpinningSpark 15:24, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- The well one is also easy to find, and w:christmas tree (oil well) also exists. glossary link you can buy one on Alibaba or check this brochure HowStuffWorks also talks about it it's even available from Merriam-Webster -- 18.104.22.168 09:30, 27 November 2012 (UTC)