- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əbˈsɜːd.li/
- (US) IPA(key): /æbˈsɝd.li/, /æbˈzɝd.li/, /əbˈsɝd.li/, /əbˈzɝd.li/
Audio (US) (file)
- In an absurd fashion. [First attested in the mid 16th century.]
- He orated absurdly.
- Absurdly, he concluded his oration with a song.
- To an extreme degree. [First attested in the mid 16th century.]
- The critics were absurdly extravagant with their praise.
in an absurd fashion
to an extreme degree
- Lesley Brown (editor), The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary, 5th edition (Oxford University Press, 2003 , →ISBN), page 10