Last modified on 26 March 2014, at 21:23
absurd + -ly
absurdly (comparative more absurdly, superlative most absurdly)
- In an absurd fashion. [First attested in the mid 16th century.]
- He orated absurdly.
- Absurdly, he concluded his oration with a song.
- To an extreme degree. [First attested in the mid 16th century.]
- The critics were absurdly extravagant with their praise.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Lesley Brown (editor), The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary, 5th edition (Oxford University Press, 2003 , ISBN 978-0-19-860575-7), page 10