- enPR: ălʹ-ər-ji, IPA(key): /ˈæl.əɹ.dʒi/
- Hyphenation: al‧ler‧gy
allergy (plural allergies)
- (pathology, immunology) A disorder of the immune system causing adverse reactions to substances (allergens) not harmful to most and marked by the body's production of histamines and associated with atopy, anaphylaxis, and asthma.
- (pathology) Any condition of hypersensitivity to a substance.
- Altered susceptibility to a first treatment as exhibited in reaction to a subsequent one.
- (informal) An antipathy, as toward a person or activity.
- He has an allergy to reality TV.
- (disorder of the immune system): hypersensitivity
disorder of the immune system
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked