- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌælf.əˈbɛt.ɪk.əl/
- (GenAM) IPA(key): /ˌælfəˈbɛdɪkəl/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: al‧pha‧bet‧ic‧al
alphabetical (not comparable)
- Pertaining to, furnished with, or expressed by letters of the alphabet.
- 1986, Arthur Hilary Armstrong, A. A. Armstrong, Classical Mediterranean Spirituality: Egyptian, Greek, Roman, page 486:
- Paul, who talks about what the magical papyri do, has in his first letter to the Corinthians described basic aspects of alphabetical language.
- According to the sequence of the letters of the alphabet.
- All names were placed into an alphabetical list.
- (obsolete) literal
- (Can we date this quote?), Milton, (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- Alphabetical servility.
pertaining to the alphabet
in the sequence of the letters of the alphabet