See also: antisemitic
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌæntiːsəˈmɪtɪk/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌæntiːsəˈmɪtɪk/, /ˌæntɑɪ-/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: an‧ti‧sem‧it‧ic
- Relating to or exhibiting anti-Semitism.
2014 August 20, “Why Jews are worried [print version: International New York Times, 22 August 2014, page 8]”, in The New York Times:
- [W]hen a Hamas spokesman recently stood by his statement that Jews used the blood of non-Jewish children for their matzos – one of the oldest anti-Semitic canards around – European elites were largely silent.
The word anti-Semitic is not an antonym to Semitic.