antimyth (plural antimyths)
- (sociology) A belief or system that opposes a myth or myths.
- 1996, John R. Maier, Desert Songs, page 86:
- On a deeper level, Stivers believes, there is "an underlying commonality" to myth and ritual of traditional societies and the antimyth of modern, technological society.
- 2004, Howard Schwartz, Tree of Souls: The Mythology of Judaism
- Indeed, one way of reading this is not as a myth, but as an antimyth, intended to limit further mythic development.
a belief or system that opposes a myth or myths