See also: atténuation
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
attenuation (plural attenuations)
- A gradual diminishing in the strength of something.
- (physics) A reduction in the level of some property with distance, especially the amplitude of a wave or the strength of a signal.
- (biology) A weakening in the virulence of a pathogen or other microorganism.
- (botany) The tapering of a leaf etc to a fine point.
- (engineering) A fabrication process in which a material is stretched out into a thin shape.
a gradual diminishing in the strength
a reduction in the level of some property with distance
Read in another language
This page is available in 15 languages