- Having autism, or pertaining to autism.
- Synonym: on the spectrum
- (now derogatory, offensive, slang, and medically obsolete) Socially inept, self-absorbed, or stupid.
- (slang, derogatory) Used to express dislike: lame, uncool, stupid.
- (Internet slang, 4chan, offensive or self-deprecating) Characterized by abnormal and unhealthy focus or persistence, and unhealthy hatred of opposition or criticism.
- imagine being this autistic over a fictional character
having or pertaining to autism
autistic (plural autistics)
- A person who has autism.
- 2006, Alan Griswold, Autistic Symphony:
- If our definition of empathy were to require we take the human cognitive norm (overwhelmingly influenced by neurotypical cognition) as the absolute standard by which to measure empathy, then indeed we would have to conclude autistics do not instinctively possess a good sense of empathy.
- idiot savant (potentially offensive)
person who has autism