- (General American) IPA(key): /blɑkt/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /blɒkt/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒkt
- Obstructed, so that through movement or flow is prevented or impeded.
- This road is blocked, so we must find another route.
- Call a plumber to unclog the blocked drain.
- Unable to move owing to an obstruction.
- The argument was over a blocked car in a driveway.
- (of a person, telephone number, IP address, etc.) Banned or barred from connecting or logging on.
- Blocked users will be unable to access their accounts indefinitely.
- The phone will reject calls from blocked numbers.
- (of a computer account or similar) Disabled or disconnected, so as to prevent access.
- All of this user's accounts are now blocked.
- (Ireland, slang) Drunk
- 2019 January 4, “'Drunk' Co Tyrone teenager smashed car into solicitor's office in Dungannon”, in The Irish News:
- McKenna was found to be heavily intoxicated, and after caution he swore and replied: "I'm blocked."
- (obstructed): choked, clogged, forwrought (obsolete), impedite (obsolete)
- (drunk): See Thesaurus:drunk
obstructed, of movement
obstructed, of flow
- simple past tense and past participle of