- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- (humorous) The process of adopting or the condition of adopting the characteristics of the bourgeoisie; embourgeoisement.
- 1938, George Orwell, Homage to Catalonia, Chapter 5, 
- A general 'bourgeoisification', a deliberate destruction of the equalitarian spirit of the first few months of the revolution, was taking place.
- 2001, Mark Seymour, "Pasolini, Pier Paolo" in Robert Aldrich and Garry Wotherspoon (eds.), Who's Who in Contemporary Gay and Lesbian History, from World War II to the Present Day, London and New York: Routledge, p. 316,
- In early 1975 he declared himself against abortion, claiming that the so-called sexual revolution was part of the bourgeoisification of the masses.
- 1938, George Orwell, Homage to Catalonia, Chapter 5,