- In a bright manner.
- The sun was shining brightly, making me squint.
- 2011 September 28, Jon Smith, “Valencia 1 - 1 Chelsea”, in BBC Sport:
- The visitors started brightly and had an early chance when Valencia's experienced captain David Albeda gifted the ball to Fernando Torres, but the striker was caught by defender Adil Rami as he threatened to shoot.
- 1956 , Johanna Spyri, Heidi, translation of original by Eileen Hall, page 106:
- She looked brightly at Grandmamma, who nodded and said, 'Yes, it's yours now.'