brogressive (plural brogressives)
- (slang, derogatory) A male progressive, socialist, or leftist who downplays women's issues or displays a macho or patriarchal attitude.
- 2013 March 13, Charles P. Pierce, “Rand Paul Gives His Musings On Gay Marriage”, in Esquire:
- You may recall the newest darling of brogressives — Thanks, Addie Stan — on the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- 2013 July 15, Sady Doyle, “Ecce Homo Sorkinia”, in In These Times:
- The American Brogressive has found his next target, one who will presumably be saved from herself, along with everyone else, by learning to obey him.
- 2015 October 3, David Atkins, “The Left’s Failure to Enact Gun Control Exposes Its Tactical Weakness”, in Washington Monthly:
- Election work and party involvement is increasingly seen as the unhip, uncool, morally compromised province of social climbers and “brogressives” not truly committed to the supposedly “real work” of social justice engagement by non-electoral means.