See also: Progressive
- prog. (abbreviation)
- Favouring or promoting progress; advanced.
- Gradually advancing in extent; increasing.
- Promoting or favoring progress towards improved conditions or new policies, ideas or methods.
- a progressive politician
- progressive business leadership
- Of or relating to progressive education.
- a progressive school
- (of an income tax or other tax) Increasing in rate as the taxable amount increases.
- Advancing in severity.
- progressive paralysis
- liberal (politically)
- (grammar) continuous
favouring or promoting progress; advanced
gradually advancing in extent; increasing
promoting or favoring progress towards improved conditions or new policies, ideas or methods
increasing in rate as the taxable amount increases
advancing in severity
continuous — see continuous
progressive (plural progressives)
- A person who actively favors or strives for progress towards improved conditions, as in society or government.
- (grammar) A progressive verb; a verb used the progressive tense and generally conjugated as to end in -ing.
A person who actively favors or strives for progress towards improved conditions, as in society or government
- "progressive" in Raymond Williams, Keywords (revised), 1983, Fontana Press, page 243.
- inflected form of