leaps and bounds(Redirected from by leaps and bounds)
- (idiomatic) Dramatic improvements.
1990 March 26, CNN The Larry King Show:
- although they have made leaps and bounds in some areas, they're still using some of the same medications that they used on my brother 31 years ago with this particular disease
- In the US the phrase "by leaps and bounds" is much more common than "in leaps and bounds", which is somewhat preferred in the UK.
- (idiomatic) Considerably; significantly.
- Our company has progressed leaps and bounds this year.
- 2003, Robyn Lim, The geopolitics of East Asia: the search for equilibrium,
- ... the Afghan War showed that America's ability to project power from a distance had improved leaps and bounds since the 1990 Gulf War.