calver (plural calvers)
- A cow that produces young.
- (obsolete, transitive) To cut into slices and pickle.
- (obsolete, transitive) To crimp.
- calvered salmon
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Nares to this entry?)
- (obsolete, intransitive) To bear, or be susceptible of, being calvered.
- grayling's flesh will calver
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Catton to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for calver in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)