Audio (AU) (file)
- Alternative spelling of
- 2001, Lil Cromer; Allen R. Pedrick, Terminal Greed:
- “Simple, I live here so I was nominated. Coppish?”
- 2006, Michael Beres, The President's Nemesis:
- “After that we'll see.” Jake reached out and clasped Walter's shoulder. “Coppish?”
- (slang) Resembling or characteristic of a police officer.
- 2003, Robert B. Parker, Widow's Walk:
- “Are you a policeman?” Conroy said. I gave him my most coppish deadpan stare.
- 2011, Holly Jacobs, Father's Name:
- “I know I'm going to sound suspicious and very policelike—” “You're allowed to sound coppish...it's in your DNA,” Laura assured him.
- “capiche” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary, 2001–2019.