copulative (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to copulation.
- (grammar) That acts as a copula.
- (grammar) That connects the subject of a clause with its complement.
(grammar) that connects the subject of a clause with its complement
copulative (plural copulatives)
- (obsolete) connection
- 1679, Paul Rycaut, The present state of the Greek and Armenian churches:
- They understand Polygamie to be a Conjunction of divers Copulatives in number, which is not understood till a person proceeds unto a fourth Wife, which makes more than one Copulative in the rule of Marriage.
- (grammar) A copulative conjunction.