Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) To conceal or disguise.
- 1980, “Best of Boston”, in Real Paper:
- Even when [the mechanics] didn't know how to fix everything, they never cheated anybody or covered up. So over the years they kept learning new makes and new techniques, and now can repair about anything.
- The politician tried to cover up his involvement in the scandal.
- (idiomatic) To clothe.
- (idiomatic) To put covers over oneself in bed.
- Please cover up and go to sleep now.
to conceal or disguise