See also: Cyclamen
cyclamen (plural cyclamens)
- Any of various flowering plants, of the genus Cyclamen, widely cultivated as a houseplant, having decorative leaves and solitary flowers.
- 1963, Margery Allingham, chapter 3, in The China Governess:
- Sepia Delft tiles surrounded the fireplace, their crudely drawn Biblical scenes in faded cyclamen blending with the pinkish pine, while above them, instead of a mantelshelf, there was an archway high enough to form a balcony with slender balusters and a tapestry-hung wall behind.
- 1973, Patrick Millington Synge, In search of flowers
- An interesting cyclamen was also found here with dark rounded unmarbled leaves, but unfortunately without flowers […]
A type of plant
- Alternative form of
Third declension neuter.