See also: decolletage
Alternative forms edit
décolletage (plural décolletages)
- A low neckline on a woman's dress, especially one that reveals or emphasizes her cleavage.
- The portion of a woman's body that is revealed by a low neckline; the upper chest, as well, sometimes, as the neck, and shoulders.
- 2012, Stephen King, 11/22/63, page 450:
- I visualized businessmen trying to see the tops of her stockings or into the valley of her décolletage as she bent to put drinks on a table.
- 2014, Harold Lancer, Younger: The Breakthrough Anti-Aging Method for Radiant Skin:
- If you want to continue wearing low-cut necklines and avoid having to rely on turtlenecks and scarves to hide your neck, you have to take care of the delicate skin below your jawline, namely your neck and décolletage.
décolletage m (plural décolletages)