- (dated) A card on which a young woman listed those she had agreed to dance with.
- How could your dance card be full already, Martha? You just got here.
- (figuratively) Appointment schedule.
- My dance card is full this week. How about in two weeks?
- 2019 April 28, Alex McLevy, “Game Of Thrones suffers the fog of war in the battle against the dead (newbies)”, in The A.V. Club:
- […] a surprising number of named characters survived. There are still a few unknowns, but the survey of who was left standing as the episode drew to a close was an awfully full dance card.