- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /dɪˈsiːvə(ɹ)/
- (General American) IPA(key): /dɪˈsivɚ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -iːvə(ɹ)
deceiver (plural deceivers)
- A person who lies or deceives.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:deceiver
- 1983, Matt Johnson (lyrics and music), “The Sinking Feeling”, in Soul Mining, performed by The The:
- My memory my fond deceiver / Is turning all my past into pain / While I'm being raped by progress / Tomorrow's world is here to stay
- (usually preceded by "the") Another name for Satan.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:Satan
person who lies or deceives