See also: deepspace
- All of space beyond the gravitational influence of Earth, or outside the Solar System
- 1937 December, Smith, E. E. "Doc", “Galactic Patrol”, in Astounding Science-Fiction, volume 20, number 4, page 73:
- Part of the time he spent in the speedster dashing hither and yon. Most of it, however, he spent in the vastly more comfortable mauler; to the armored side of which his tiny vessel clung with magnetic clamps while he slept and ate, gossiped and read, exercised and played with the mauler's officers and crew, in deep-space comradery.
All of space beyond the gravitational influence of Earth
- “deep space” in Jeff Prucher, editor, Brave New Words: The Oxford Dictionary of Science Fiction, Oxford; New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press, 2007, →ISBN, page 34.
- deep space n. at the OED Science Fiction Citations Project