de- + friend
defriend (third-person singular simple present defriends, present participle defriending, simple past and past participle defriended)
- (Internet) To remove from one's list of friends (e.g. on a social networking website).
- 2005, Schmitt et al, Professional CSS: Cascading Style Sheets for Web Design
- But why subject myself and friends to the awkward social construct of being virtually "defriended" because I want to save some space on a Web page?
- 2007, Mia Consalvo, Caroline Haythornthwaite, Internet Research Annual: Volume 4
- Likewise, the actions of friending or defriending someone send out messages of their own.