delicata (plural delicatas)
- (Canada, US) An heirloom variety of winter squash, oblong in shape and having a cream-colored skin with green stripes
- 1992, October, “Nanette Blanchard”, in Autumn's Glory, page 67:
- But once you've tasted the sweet flesh of a delicata or slipped the strands of a spaghetti squash out of its shell, you'll never again regard winter squash as merely an agricultural art piece.
- 2009, January 17, “Mark Bittman”, in Stale spices, canned beans are no-nos for new year:
- The best winter squashes (delicata, for example) have edible skins and are amazing just chunked and roasted with a little oil […] .
- Feminine singular of adjective delicato.
- nominative feminine singular of
- nominative neuter plural of
- accusative neuter plural of
- vocative feminine singular of
- vocative neuter plural of