- Of or relating to description.
- (grammar) Of an adjective, stating an attribute of the associated noun (as heavy in the heavy dictionary).
- (linguistics) Describing the structure, grammar, vocabulary and actual use of a language.
- (sciences, philosophy) Describing and seeking to classify, as opposed to normative or prescriptive.
of, or relating to description
stating an attribute to associated noun
describing a language
describing and seeking to classify
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
descriptive (plural descriptives)