From the verb phrase die hard.
Audio (US) (file)
- Unreasonably or stubbornly resisting change.
- Fanatically opposing progress or reform.
- Complete; having no opposite opinion of anything in a particular topic of one's values; thorough of in one's beliefs.
- For a Roman Catholic teacher, he sure is a diehard fundamentalist.
- See also Thesaurus:obstinate
unreasonably resisting change
fanatically opposing progress
thorough of in one's beliefs
diehard (plural diehards)
- A person with such an attitude.