- simple past tense and past participle of
- lessened, reduced
- The diminished Roman Empire never recovered from the sack of Rome.
- 1942 May-June, “Notes and News: War and the American Railways”, in Railway Magazine, page 184:
- Another well-known express to disappear on the same date was the Blue Comet of the Central of New Jersey, an all-coach luxury express which operated between New York and Atlantic City; in this case the reason is diminished patronage.
- made to seem less important, impressive, or valuable
- She felt diminished by the report card.
- (music) reduced by a semitone
- (music): augmented
- (music): perfect