|Problems listening to this file? See media help.|
- enPR: myo͞oʹzĭk
- Rhymes: -uːzɪk
- A series of sounds organized in time, employing melody, harmony, tempo etc. usually to convey a mood.
- I keep listening to this music because it's a masterpiece.
- 2013 November 22, Ian Sample, “Music lessons in early childhood may improve brain's performance”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 24, page 32:
- Music lessons in early childhood lead to changes in the brain that could improve its performance far into adulthood, researchers say.
- (figuratively) Any pleasing or interesting sounds.
- 1856, John Esten Cooke, The Virginia Comedians, page 247:
- “Oh! this was very kind,” she said, with that simplicity and tenderness, which at times made her voice pure music, “I could not have expected you so soon.”
- An art form, created by organizing of pitch, rhythm, and sounds made using musical instruments and sometimes singing.
- A guide to playing or singing a particular tune; sheet music.
- (military, slang) Electronic signal jamming.
- (US, slang, dated) Heated argument.
- (US, slang, dated) Fun; amusement.
- background music
- bumper music
- chamber music
- chin music
- classical music
- concrete music
- country music
- elevator music
- face the music
- fill music
- folk music
- hillbilly music
- incidental music
- music box
- music hall
- musician, muso
- music of the spheres
- music to someone's ears
- pop music
- program music
- rap music
- rock music
- rough music
- set to music
- sheet music
- soul music
- world music
sound, organized in time in a melodious way
any pleasing or interesting sounds
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- Wikipedia article on the definition of music
- MusicNovatory: the science of music encyclopedia
- musical, of, or pertaining to music.
music (plural musics)
- Alternative form of