- (of a person) With the hair uncombed.
- (by extension) Disorderly or untidy in appearance.
- Synonym: untidy
- 2018 August 31, Peter Bradshaw, “The Other Side of the Wind review – lost Orson Welles epic is hurricane of anger and wit”, in The Guardian:
- This is a crazy, dishevelled, often hilarious film, in which lightning flashes of wit and insight crackle periodically across a plane of tedium. I sometimes felt I was watching the 100-hour version.
untidy in appearance
- simple past tense and past participle of