- Rhymes: -ɒkəʊ
doco (plural docos)
- (Britain, Australia, informal) Abbreviation of documentary.
- 1999, Reptiles, Volume 7, page 20,
- Now we spend about a third of our time in the US working on docos, working with US wildlife.
- 2000, Tom Kenny, Sound for Picture: Film Sound through the 1990s, page 160:
- I started thinking that I had to get back to where I was when I was put into the field to do docos [documentaries] and put in situations to capture sound as simply as I could and be sure to get what I could get.