From doorsnijden (“to cut through, divide (in two)”).
- (shortening) doorsnee
- An intersection (in geometry, in arts, in set theory); intersecting line
- A cross section
- (geometry) diameter
- De grootte van Eris is echter met behulp van de Hubble-telescoop direct gemeten, en hieruit is gebleken dat deze in doorsnede inderdaad ongeveer 2400 km bedraagt. — The size of Eris has been measured, however, directly with the help of the Hubble telescope, and from this it has become apparent that it indeed amounts to approximately 2400 km in diameter.
- (chiefly in compounds) A representative sample; average
- (archaic) singular past subjunctive of doorsnijden (when using a subclause)
- (archaic) singular past subjunctive of doorsnijden