See also: représentative
Audio (US) (file)
- Typical; having the same properties or interest as a larger group.
- Are you sure this paper is representative of your child's writing?
- If you took all the fools out of the legislature, it wouldn't be a representative body anymore. — Texas State Senator Carl Parker.
representative (plural representatives)
- One who may speak for another in a particular capacity, especially in negotiation.
- I will send a representative to work out the details of the contract.
- A member of a legislative or governing body who represents a constituency.
- She served four terms as representative of her local at the national union convention.
- One that is taken as typical of its class.
- (US, politics) A member of the US House of Representatives.
- All representatives face re-election every two years.
- Company agent who visits potential purchasers, salesman.
one who speaks for another
representative of a constituency
one that is taken as typical of its class
member of the House of Representatives