encastellate (third-person singular simple present encastellates, present participle encastellating, simple past and past participle encastellated)
- (transitive, obsolete) Alternative form of incastellate: to make into a castle.
- a. 1552, John Leland, Itinerary, Vol. I, p. 61:
- ...Began first to encastellate it...
- 1601, Francis Godwin, A Catalogue of the Bishops of England since the First Planting of Christian Religion in This Island, p. 522:
- The Auncient mannor place at Arkland he did encastellate.