exam (plural exams)
- (informal) Clipping of , especially when meaning test or in compound terms.
- 2013 July 19, Peter Wilby, “Finland spreads word on schools”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 6, page 30:
- Imagine a country where children do nothing but play until they start compulsory schooling at age seven. Then, without exception, they attend comprehensives until the age of 16. […] There are no inspectors, no exams until the age of 18, no school league tables, no private tuition industry, no school uniforms. […]
- (sciences) Shortened form of
- Thin sections were stained with lead citrate and then examed using 1200EX electron microscope (JEOL, Tokyo, Japan).