fenestration (countable and uncountable, plural fenestrations)
- (architecture) The arrangement of windows and other openings in a building.
- (surgery) An opening in the surface of an organ etc; the surgical creation of such an opening, especially one in the bony part of the inner ear made to improve hearing.
- (surgery) An opening that occurs naturally or is created surgically, as through a biological membrane.
- (botany) An opening through a leaf or along a stem of a plant.
- (nautical) The practice of placing holes in the rudder of a ship to reduce the work required to move the rudder while preserving its ability to steer the ship.
arrangement of windows etc in a building
opening in the surface of an organ, surgical creation of such an opening