building (plural buildings)
- (uncountable) The act or process of building.
- The building of the bridge will be completed in a couple of weeks.
- A closed structure with walls and a roof.
2013 July 19, Mark Tran, “Denied an education by war”, The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 6, page 1:
- One particularly damaging, but often ignored, effect of conflict on education is the proliferation of attacks on schools […] as children, teachers or school buildings become the targets of attacks. Parents fear sending their children to school. Girls are particularly vulnerable to sexual violence.
- My sister lives in that apartment building.
- (act or process of building): construction
- (closed structure with walls and a roof): edifice
- See also Wikisaurus:building
act or process of building
closed structure with walls and a roof
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked