- A member of the crew of an airplane who is responsible for the comfort and safety of its passengers.
- The term flight attendant is somewhat less common than the older, gender-specific term stewardess, but is often preferred due to its gender-neutral nature. Another common approach is to treat steward (or, for clarity's sake, a construction such as air steward or flight steward) as a gender-neutral term.
- steward (usually male)
- (male): steward; coffee moffie (South African, pejorative, slang)
- (female): stewardess; air hostess; sky girl (slang); hostie (Australian, slang); cart tart (pejorative, slang)
- (female or effeminate male): trolley dolly (pejorative, slang)
member of the crew of an airplane who is responsible for the comfort and safety of its passengers