- (UK) IPA(key): /fɹʌˈstɹeɪ̯tɪŋ/, /ˈfɹʌsˌtɹeɪ̯tɪŋ/
- (IPA) IPA(key): /ˈfɹʌsˌtɹeɪ̯tɪŋ/, [ˈf(ɹ)ʌsˌtɹeɪ̯ɾɪŋ], [ˈf(ɹ)ʌʃˌt͡ʃɹeɪ̯ɾɪŋ]
- discouraging; causing annoyance or anger by excessive difficulty
- 2012 May 27, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “New Kid On The Block” (season 4, episode 8; originally aired 11/12/1992)”, in The Onion AV Club:
- The episode’s unwillingness to fully commit to the pathos of the Bart-and-Laura subplot is all the more frustrating considering its laugh quota is more than filled by a rollicking B-story that finds Homer, he of the iron stomach and insatiable appetite, filing a lawsuit against The Frying Dutchman when he’s hauled out of the eatery against his will after consuming all of the restaurant’s shrimp (plus two plastic lobsters).
discouraging; causing annoyance or anger by excessive difficulty